1. In the attempt to read more books than I did for 2012, I am challenging (and committing) myself to read 60 books for 2013 which pretty much translates to five books every month. Yes, let’s be ambitious.
2. I will write and blog more book reviews from now on, even if this means dragging myself to the computer and sacrificing what few hours I have left for sleeping. [Subliminal plea for sympathy successfully inserted.]
3. I will try to be less cranky and less jaded about books and authors I’ve had bad experiences with in the past. Forgiveness, as they say, is key to a happier life. I will abandon my pompous, high-brow ways by always reminding myself that books also have rights against discrimination.
4. I will keep on holding on to my simple philosophy in life that I should never ever judge a book by its movie. (*cough* 2013 film adaptations *cough*)
5. I will save more money for book-shopping, but shall restrain myself if my TBR pile exceeds what’s humanly-possible to manage or is just plain ridiculously monstrous.
6. In the nth attempt to become systematic, I will now dedicate monthly TBR lists and wrap-up reports.
7. I will encourage more people to read and will never ever become stingy in letting friends borrow my books.
8. I will support Philippine Literature by buying books written by local, home-grown authors.
9. I will read as much Classics as I could.
10. I will finish a High Fantasy Epic this year.
11. I will attend book signings by authors if my schedule permits.
12. I will save up money to buy myself a huge bookshelf on my birthday.
13. I will never forget to have fun.