…..Aaaaaand I made it out alive!
Admittedly, it wasn’t an easy month at all but I slugged through and survived it! Blessed are those who persevere, they say. And how true: most of this month’s books are such stellar reads! t It’s a nice, diverse mix of different takes on love and I enjoyed all of them. (I know I owe you guys four more reviews and they’re coming up in the next few days.) It’s probably the best it’s ever going to get when you take on a theme you don’t really fancy. By all accounts, all of these books are such delightful comfort and lovely distractions from the seemingly-unbearable solitude a single girl suffers from during this cruel month of couples. Do I regret anything? Nada—all of them delivered and did a fantastic job bringing on the pain. Sheer heartbreak at its finest!
• Love Letters, Katie Fforde (Date finished: February 5) ★★★☆☆
• Before Ever After, Samantha Sotto (Date finished: February 12 ) ★★★★★
• Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, Cohn & Levithan (Date finished: February 17 ) ★★★★☆
• Killing me Softly, Nicci French (Date finished: February 20 ) ★★★★☆
• The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides (Date finished: February 24 ) ★★★★★
• High Fidelity, Nick Hornby (Date finished: February 27 ) ★★★★★